Lithos is managed by its three directors: Mark Perrin, Steve James and Tracy Perrin.
We employ talented and dedicated people who share a passion for what we do. We enhance the skills of all our employees from Board level down, through mentoring, review and on-going training. All our Principal Engineers are Chartered or working towards Chartership.
Our purpose built office is based in Wetherby, mid-way between Harrogate, Leeds and York. From this base we are able to operate across the UK, although the majority of our projects are associated with sites located in Yorkshire and the North of England.
Mark (aka Reg) is a Chartered Geologist, Fellow of the Geological Society, a CL:AIRE Qualified Person, and co-founder of Lithos Consulting. He has more than 25 years’ experience of geoenvironmental site investigation in the UK, and has provided specialist advice on numerous sites including:
- Vickers Tank Factory in Leeds for Threadneedle Investments;
- Pioneer factory near Castleford for Haribo UK;
- Optare (coach manufacturer in Leeds) for Ben Bailey Homes;
- Barnoldswick Velodrome for Hope Technologies;
- Swan Hunter shipyard on Teesside for TAG;
- Terry’s Chocolate Factory in York, for Barratt Homes;
- Alperton Lane, Wembley, for O’Donovan Waste Disposal;
- Former Lincoln Castings in North Hykeham, for Persimmon Homes.
Mark has also provided advice to Main Contractors, including BAM, Interserve and Vinci, with respect to pre-tender, bid support, and the handling of contaminated soils encountered during site preparatory groundworks.
Steve is Fellow of the Geological Society and co-founder of Lithos Consulting, with over 20 years’ experience as a specialist geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineer in the UK. Steve is responsible for design and project management of remediation schemes and for provision of specialist geotechnical advice in relation to slope stability assessment, foundation design and earthworks.
Recent key projects include:
- Redevelopment of Hull City’s former football stadium at Boothferry Park for Strata Homes, including slope stability assessment for earthworks affecting an adjacent railway embankment;
- Stabilisation of shallow mineworkings on former Gateshead College site, for Miller Homes;
- New divisional police headquarters in Leeds for Interserve Construction;
- Gas risk assessment and validation of correct installation of gas protection measures, for Keepmoat Homes in Hull.
Tracy is responsible for finance, HR and ISO9001 accreditation.
Tracy qualified as a chartered accountant in 1990 becoming national training manager for Baker Tilly in London. She returned to Leeds in 1997 with PricewaterhouseCoopers working as a senior manager with plcs and large privately owned businesses. In 2004, Tracy left the profession to bring up two young children and start a teaching career; she then joined Lithos shortly after it was formed in 2010.
Alan is a Chartered Geologist with over 20 years experience of geoenvironmental site investigations. At the start of his career he worked for a major contractor as a geotechnical engineer, responsible for supervision of fieldwork on many high profile construction and infrastructure projects across the UK and Ireland.
At Lithos, Alan supervises a team of engineers and acts as a project manager responsibile for the design and implementation of geoenvironmental site investigations. Alan is Head of Fieldwork Operations and is responsible for the practical training and monitoring of our Graduate Engineers, updating of Lithos procedures in line with evolving legislation and guidance.
Matt joined Lithos as a Graduate shortly after it was founded in 2009. Since then, Matt has become a Chartered Geologist and has undertaken specialist training including courses in groundwater sampling and foundation design. Day to day, Matt provides pre-tender technical advice to clients, reviews third party reports and produces site appraisals on various residential and commercial developments. He has also undertaken a key role in business development and is responsible for graduate recruitment and student placements.
Recent projects include:
- Development of Lithos’ bespoke health & safety mobile application for iOS and Android;
- Detailed foundation schedule for Strata Homes at Whitwood Road, Castleford;
- Production of a Specification for Treatment of Shallow Mineworkings for Miller Homes at Newbold Road, Chesterfield;
- Earthworks supervision and verification for Keepmoat Homes at Carr Lodge, Doncaster;
- Geotechnical appraisal of proposed anaerobic digester tanks at Low Farm, Sherburn for the landowner.
Liz is a Chartered Scientist, Fellow of the Geological Society, a registered Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) and SiLC assessor. Liz also has a MSc in Contaminated Land Management and has specialised in this field for 16yrs.
Liz was an elected member of the Society for Brownfield Risk Assessment (SoBRA) inaugural executive committee, and continues to actively support the Society through participation with working groups. She was also a co-founder and current steering group representative for Yorkshire Contaminated Land Forum (YCLF) and is passionate about continuing to enhance and develop the brownfield skill framework across the contaminated land sector.
During her career, Liz has worked in the public and private sectors including Local Government, the Environment Agency and geoenvironmental consultancy and has a detailed knowledge of regulatory regimes and legislation. At Lithos, Liz specialises in site conceptualisation, human health and controlled waters risk assessment. Her role as technical lead for land contamination with the Environment Agency has also lead to her to have a comprehensive understanding and practical approach to environmental permitting, waste management and industry duty of care. She has a proven record of identifying pragmatic, cost effective and workable solutions to complex sites.